Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lets Talk Tuesday - Managing Social Media

Hello Friends!

*Side note- It's day 3 of #MinsgameBoss ... What have you gotten rid of today?*

Let's get to the point, today I am going to discuss how I manage Social Media for 4 different business, for free, on the side - all without wanting to end it all. 

I am slowly making progress but my fiance & my boss aren't quite on the same page as I am. They don't understand how Social Media Marketing could help. They also won't put any money into it, alas, I do what I can.

Response to my attempts at convincing them about SM Marketing.

I manage Twitter & Facebook for: Hills & Valley Water Systems, AnaLorr Design (My Design Company), Silver Brook Paints (also my Full-Time job) & Outgoing Owl. It's exhausting sometimes but then I have days of complete awesomeness & it makes it all worth it. 
My Fiance & I got a sale last week, that I am 100% sure came from twitter, and that is exciting! It means it is working!

How do I do this without contemplating ways in which to murder everyone & or chuck my computer at the wall? 

One word, One company, One amazing life saving application: BUFFER! 

Honestly, I would die without my little buddy buffer.
I schedule 10 tweets for 3 out of 4 business all in one shot, usually in the morningish (10-12) when I am feeling my most productive! 

& I let it be for the next 10 days. I respond to any RT's, favourites (or now hearts?), likes or comments.
For now that is it.  I am learning where our customers are for each business and where I should probably be focusing more energy. Twitter is great for my Design business, Pinterest would be better for My boss & our store with Twitter. Facebook is where it's at because of the age group for my Fiance & I's water treatment company. It's weird what you start to realize when you pay attention.
I look at the analytics that buffer provides and it gives me enough insight. For now since no one is paying me, what I am doing is working but if I want to one day work for companies who will pay me I have so much more to learn so this is a great stepping stone! I don't want to feel like I am overwhelmed (then I get all kinds of anxiety & that's fun for no one. Ever)

There is so much for me to learn in this industry, I know I'll figure it out one day. I follow all sorts of amazing people on Twitter, read blogs, watch videos, & participate in Twitter chats to learn & learn some more. That being said, if you have any advice for me please send it my way!



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment